In case you are not familiar with what BRICS is, BRICS is an acronym used to identify 5 countries that share a mutual economic alliance/association – Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The five nations combined have more than 40% of global population, and a Growth Domestic Product of over $16 trillion.(Source: http://cryptofresh.com/a/BRICS)
The Bitshares platform offers a User Issued Asset (UIA) of BRICS crypto-asset. As of yet, the asset has no specific ties to the actual BRICS originated New Development Bank. This suggests that there is still uncertainty what uses would this asset bring for the Bitshares and OpenLedger initiative as a whole. But because it is currently possible to purchase millions of Bitshares BRICS assets for almost pennies, there is no reason why not to experiment in holding on to at least couple of millions of BRICS UIAs.
Here are some fun facts about the Bitshares BRICS asset:
- Max supply is 10 billion BRICS
- Asset originated in late 2015
- The issuer of this asset is “null-account”, which is an automated platform issuing entity that is prohibited from transferring all of the assets back to its child-account. This guarantees that the overall supply of the assets cannot be depleted by third-party factors.
- There was no active crowdsale for BRICS. Instead, devs gave away the assets in bitsharestalk forum to those who post their BTS id. This might be a silly thing for developers to do, if BRICS UIA price would skyrocket in the future.
- As of now, only two Bitshares user accounts hold 1 billion or more BRICS.
Ready to buy your share of BRICS? Open BitShares Asset Exchange Account Under Referral “btbrkrs”
(https://bitshares.openledger.info/?r=btbrkrs#/), hit the “Exchange”, go to “Find Markets”, search “BRICS”, place the “Buy Order” for the amount of BRICS you would like to purchase and the price you are willing to pay, and finally……. Congratulations, you are now a proud owner of Bitshares BRICS UIA Asset!!!!!!!